Teepee Capital of the World
Each year on the third weekend of August (Moon of heat waves on the grass), the season finale is the premier Powwow of the Plains Indians. From every western state and Canada, Indians come to camp along the Little Bighorn River in Tepees. Spectacular parades, an all-Indian rodeo with cowboys from all over the nation, and a traditional dancing and drumming competition are held. This package is designed to offer knowledge of the culture, experience the traditions with knowledgeable guides, and offer a safe family environment. Lodging can be included and some meals. You may select all or portions of the package. Call for pricing.
Indian Trails Tour August 17th, 18th, and 19th. Tours departs from Billings hotels/ campgrounds at 8:30am and Hardin hotels/ campgrounds at 9:30am. Full day experience. Tour rate includes activities fees. guide with transportation.
- Spectacular morning Crow Fair Parade ( only on Friday and Saturday)
- Tour Little Bighorn Battlefield
- Lunch (not included in price) & shopping at Custer Battlefield Trading Post
- INFR Tour Rodes (all-Indian rodeo)
- Evening Powwows begins with a grand parade with traditional dance and drumming competitions